Saturday, July 30, 2005

It's A Beautiful Day

And Jen has flown away.

I wonder what she's feeling right now as the plane takes off for Auckland; I wonder what she'll feel when her connecting flight takes her home to the Island.

Is she nervous? Is she excited? Or is she just plain old fatigued?

What is she wearing? Sandals, spaghetti-straps, cardigan, and a fleece jacket?

If I were her, I'd be very reluctant to fly home. And not just because of the difference in the weather.

Life in Welly is a dream - or almost as good as a dream. And the way I am with all good dreams, I never want to wake.

Jen will be waking up for the first time in maybe two years, but she'll dream again in six months.

Myself, I've been dreaming for three years, and when I awake four months later, I don't think I'll ever dream again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home