Blast From The Past
... or, actually, not so much a blast as a little polite fart, which, as I flipped through the national rags, literally stopped me cold.
The picture was large, almost in the middle of the page. I know there are many schools out here whose uniforms are a PAP white, but I think there's just one school whose students are forced to wear a green begonia leaf on their left breast.
I wonder where the writer of that article found the photo - it's a decade old! Although it isn't of the best quality, I can still pick out a few familiar faces here and there: my Grams whose face is partially hidden by her raised hand, Mary Pooh's profile, part of the Durian's durian, my drum major's blurry face, the skeletal frame of Annan who'd taught me to swear in French ...
That old classroom in which the photograph was taken is, I should think, still standing, but it isn't my school occupying those premises anymore.
Likewise, the white uniform (sans begonia leaf, thank you) still stands in my wardrobe, but my body is no longer able to fit into it.
Favorite year and class
Favorite shot
Man, those were the days ...
The picture was large, almost in the middle of the page. I know there are many schools out here whose uniforms are a PAP white, but I think there's just one school whose students are forced to wear a green begonia leaf on their left breast.
I wonder where the writer of that article found the photo - it's a decade old! Although it isn't of the best quality, I can still pick out a few familiar faces here and there: my Grams whose face is partially hidden by her raised hand, Mary Pooh's profile, part of the Durian's durian, my drum major's blurry face, the skeletal frame of Annan who'd taught me to swear in French ...
That old classroom in which the photograph was taken is, I should think, still standing, but it isn't my school occupying those premises anymore.
Likewise, the white uniform (sans begonia leaf, thank you) still stands in my wardrobe, but my body is no longer able to fit into it.
Man, those were the days ...
2 Comments:
aah. the leaf and surly ol' maureen wong. what memories. :)
had we gone to the same secondary school as well?
Post a Comment
<< Home