Ow. Ow. Ow.
All because I'd underestimated the strength of the Singaporean sun. Won't be as bad as the UV-rays-of-7-and-above sun in Welly; no point in packing my bottle of summer sun-block, I thought.
And it's always when I think I'd thought that I never did really think.
I think I enjoyed myself at the Sembawang Festival yesterday. The bands my SGD 10 sampler ticket allowed me to catch were:
I regret I had to miss Dreams of Day Architecture and Regurgitator, but being able to catch Stentoria, the Jerms and ETC sorta balanced it out; ETC especially - because I really liked 'Supermarket' (and because I think their bassist, Vinita Ramani, is hot).
Of course, because I'd thought when I hadn't really think, I got dreadfully sunburnt. I could only imagine how I looked yesterday, but today, I look like a freakin' freak - and I hurt. My right shoulder and arm still look angry - they have yet to forgive me; my left side is being a little more magnanimous (prolly because I hadn't slept the entire night on it).
My chest bears a faintly cresent-shaped patch of pale flesh upon which my pendent had rested, while three fronds of my fern are still caught in a yawning crimson grin that was the result of the bottom of my top and the top of my bottoms not quite meeting when I was sitting with my back to the sun.
I wish I could have a milk bath like Cleopatra.
And it's always when I think I'd thought that I never did really think.
I think I enjoyed myself at the Sembawang Festival yesterday. The bands my SGD 10 sampler ticket allowed me to catch were:
- Stentorian,
- Alexander Gow,
- Shamejoannshame,
- Mega Stimulator,
- Victor Tang,
- The Jerms,
- Damien Cripps,
- Nuance,
- Westside,
- ETC, and
- Rogue Traders.
I regret I had to miss Dreams of Day Architecture and Regurgitator, but being able to catch Stentoria, the Jerms and ETC sorta balanced it out; ETC especially - because I really liked 'Supermarket' (and because I think their bassist, Vinita Ramani, is hot).
Of course, because I'd thought when I hadn't really think, I got dreadfully sunburnt. I could only imagine how I looked yesterday, but today, I look like a freakin' freak - and I hurt. My right shoulder and arm still look angry - they have yet to forgive me; my left side is being a little more magnanimous (prolly because I hadn't slept the entire night on it).
My chest bears a faintly cresent-shaped patch of pale flesh upon which my pendent had rested, while three fronds of my fern are still caught in a yawning crimson grin that was the result of the bottom of my top and the top of my bottoms not quite meeting when I was sitting with my back to the sun.
I wish I could have a milk bath like Cleopatra.
1 Comments:
hey,
thanks for coming to the gig - especially as (ben mentioned) there was virtual press silence on it and sadly, TODAY reviewed it as a "washout". which is predictable i suppose, given that we only measure success by large numbers and big hype.
ETC is back again in march for a festival and possibly, for a semi-acoustic gig on feb 11th, at gashaus (some hot new coffee shop near national library, i hear).
cheers,
vinita
Post a Comment
<< Home