ME Time
I am very big on ME time, but I think maybe my life and lifestyle in Welly made me more so: every day was ME time for me in Welly.
There were, of course, people whose company I enjoyed - people who inspired me, people who made me laugh, people who made me think, people who taught me, people who shared with me. But sometimes, I enjoyed ME time the most.
I liked the stillness and silence of my little studio-room; I appreciated being able to listen to myself breathe and think. There were times I wished I had someone with me, but as I think back now, they seemed to be too sporadic for me to recall.
Right now, I'm reduced to - forced to - spend my ME time on congested bus rides with dozens and dozens of complete strangers who move into my personal space, who make a whole lot of noise in addition to the chattering bus telly. I can barely hear myself think, much less breathe.
In the house, I can hardly enjoy quality ME time without someone hollering up the stairs about something, or the telephone ringing, or the telly blasting, or the doorbell ringing, or just generally interrupting my quiet time. I can't understand how a family of four (including myself) plus one dog can make so much noise. The only noise that never bothers me is the Doggie's barking.
I can't breathe or think or focus; I don't even dream much anymore.
I didn't think there would be so many things I need to be adjusting to after a few years away; I didn't think there would be anything I would have problems adjusting to ... but there are, and I do.
With any luck, I may be just on one of my downward swings these days, or even just plain fussy because I'm tired all the time; otherwise, it's going to be damn near impossible to feel happy and contented.
Here.
Ever.
But I think maybe when I'm ready to set the time on my laptop to the local time, I'll be ready for happiness - or, at least, inner peace.
There were, of course, people whose company I enjoyed - people who inspired me, people who made me laugh, people who made me think, people who taught me, people who shared with me. But sometimes, I enjoyed ME time the most.
I liked the stillness and silence of my little studio-room; I appreciated being able to listen to myself breathe and think. There were times I wished I had someone with me, but as I think back now, they seemed to be too sporadic for me to recall.
Right now, I'm reduced to - forced to - spend my ME time on congested bus rides with dozens and dozens of complete strangers who move into my personal space, who make a whole lot of noise in addition to the chattering bus telly. I can barely hear myself think, much less breathe.
In the house, I can hardly enjoy quality ME time without someone hollering up the stairs about something, or the telephone ringing, or the telly blasting, or the doorbell ringing, or just generally interrupting my quiet time. I can't understand how a family of four (including myself) plus one dog can make so much noise. The only noise that never bothers me is the Doggie's barking.
I can't breathe or think or focus; I don't even dream much anymore.
I didn't think there would be so many things I need to be adjusting to after a few years away; I didn't think there would be anything I would have problems adjusting to ... but there are, and I do.
With any luck, I may be just on one of my downward swings these days, or even just plain fussy because I'm tired all the time; otherwise, it's going to be damn near impossible to feel happy and contented.
Here.
Ever.
But I think maybe when I'm ready to set the time on my laptop to the local time, I'll be ready for happiness - or, at least, inner peace.
1 Comments:
ah yes... the setting of your laptop (which closely mirrors the internal clock) to local time helps. it does.
Post a Comment
<< Home